Thank you for your curioisty. I’m Dana, a Life Coach whose sweet spot is holding space for you to dive deep into what sparks your passion, discover and play with what makes you feel most alive and bring it into your business.
I work with my clients to:
💎 Clarify goals and priorities.
💎 Manage time more effectively.
💎 Identify obstacles and enjoy incredible breakthroughs.
💎 Gain new insights on things you’ve been stuck in or struggling with.
💎 Experience sustained life changes.
💎 Reach your full potential.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do coaches do?
- Help people set better goals and then reach those goals.
- Ask their clients to do more than they would have done on their own.
- Focus their clients better to more quickly produce results.
- Provide the tools, support and structure to accomplish more.
How is coaching different from consulting? Therapy? Sports coaching? A best friend?
- Consulting. Coaching is a form of consulting. But the coach stays with the client throughout the process to help implement the new skills, changes and goals and to make sure they really happen.
- Therapy. Coaching is not therapy. We don't work on "issues" or get into the past. We don't work toward understanding human behavior. We leave that up to the client to know and figure out while we help them move forward and set personal and professional goals.
- Sports. Unlike sports coaching, most professional coaching is not competition or win/lose based. We strengthen the client's skills.
- Best friend. Is your best friend a professional who you will trust to advise you on the most important aspects of your life and/or business? Is this friend unbiased with no opinion about the outcome of your life? A coach is non-judgmental and a person with whom you have a deep meaningful conversation with.
What is the basic philosophy of coaching?
Simply put, that humans are naturally creative, resourceful and whole, that we're all discovering what we really want, and that we can get what we want faster and easier by having a coach who can help us remove the obstacles and saboteurs that that get in the way of success.
Who hires a coach and why?
People hire a coach because:
- They want more from themselves and their life.
- They want to grow personally and professionally.
- They want the process or situation to be easier.
💎 It's that simple. Coaches help a client get all three quickly.
What happens when you hire a coach?
Many things can happen, but the most important are:
- You take yourself more seriously.
- You take more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You stop putting up with what is dragging you down and holds you back.
- You create momentum so it's easier to get results.
- You set better goals that you might not have without the coach.
Does the coach work on personal goals or business/professional goals?
Both. The coach is a professional trained to work with all aspects of you. You set the goal, the coach helps you achieve it.
Where does the coach focus with an average client?
The focus is on where the client needs us most. And, the following discussions get weaved in:
- Identifying the client's Wheel of Life agenda.
- Helping the client identify their Saboteurs.
- Help clients move from incompetence to competence.
- Helping the client set goals based on their identified values.
By including these with what the client wants from us, we help the client have fewer problems and focus on what's going to make them the most successful.
Why does coaching work?
Coaching works for several reasons:
- Synergy between the coach and client creates momentum.
- Better goals are set -- ones that naturally pull the client toward the goal rather than goals that require the client to push themselves to the goal.
- The client develops new skills, and these skills translate into more success.
Why is coaching becoming so popular?
Coaching is becoming popular for several reasons:
- Many people are tired of doing what they "should" do and are ready to do something special and meaningful for the rest of their lives. Problem is, many can't see it, or if they can, they can't see a way to reorient their life around it. A coach can help them do both.
- People are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something that several years ago might have felt out of reach or like a pipe-dream. A coach is not a miracle worker; a coach does have a large tool kit to help the Big Idea become a Reality. Fortunately, people now have time and resources to invest in themselves in this kind of growth.
- Spirituality. Many coaches are spiritually based. America is getting spiritual quickly. (Our working definition of spirituality? “How connected you are with yourself and others.") The coach helps the clients to tune in better to themselves and others.
Can I hire a coach just for a short-term, special project?
Yes. Some clients hire a coach to help them accomplish specific goals or projects. Usually, however, the client keeps working with the coach after that because there are even more interesting things to accomplish.
How long must I commit if I start working with a coach?
Most coaches ask for a minimum three to six month commitment, which is how long it takes to affect a change. But if coaching is not working for you in the beginning, a coach will usually agree to stopping immediately. Additionally, since coaching is a highly personal connection, if your coach is not perfect for you, chances are they will be able to refer you to a colleague that will be.